Search This Blog

Monday 15 August 2011

JOHNNY HAMMOND SMITH - N.Y.P.D.

You could probably guess how stoked I was to dig this thing out, Johny Hammond provides an electric theme to a short lived 70's era TV series on ABC, involving NY's finest, if this jawn doesn't instantly suck you back into the mean streets of Harlem in a seedy little pool hall then I don't know what would.
The flip side "Dirty Apple" is equally as awesome, I'll post that one up at another time.

JOHNNY HAMMOND SMITH - N.Y.P.D.

1 comment:

  1. What a find. I wish I had a copy of this one. I'm Johnny's widow, Cheryl Smith. I've been working on some projects, especially with respect to the release of some of his unpublished work. If you'd like, you can keep up with the project at http://www.facebook.com/JohnnyHammondSmithHisTimeIsNow?ref=hl
    Thanks for posting this pic. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete